Students are responsible to apply for the correct type of visa at the Korean Embassy or Consulate Office in advance. Students do not need to obtain a visa if their country has a visa waiver agreement with the Korean government. If don’t, students must apply for a D-2-8 Short-term Student Visa in the country where your current home institution is located. As obtaining the visa may be time-consuming, we encourage you to start preparing for it as early as possible.

Applicants who complete the payment will receive the document for visa application (Certificate of Admission) via international mail by HIWS Team.

Medical facilities and insurance

Hanyang International Winter School students are required to submit proof of insurance for the period of their stay in Korea. Those who do not submit proof of insurance are required to purchase insurance through a designated agency that Hanyang University will recommend upon the student’s arrival in Korea. In case of emergency, students can go to the Hanyang University Medical Center for care or treatment. General assistance is always available at the Office of International Affairs.